cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE for 802.1x (EAP-TLS)

csco11567848
Level 1
Level 1

I work for a banking organization and security is an area that needs to be improved continuously. I am planning on implementing Cisco ISE for 802.1x together with a Microsoft PKI for certificate issuing and signing.

I am currently trying to implement this in our test environment and I have managed to do a few basic bootstrapping tasks. I need someone to push me into the right direction as to how I can achieve what i am seeking.

I will use Cisco 2900 series switches on the access layer and a few HP switches as well which supports 802.1x.

I want to configure the ISE to process authentication requests using 802.1x EAP-TLS (Certificate Based). All the workstations on the domain needs to authenticate itself using the certificates issued to it by the Certificate Issuing Authority.

I have already managed to get the PKI working and have rolled out the certificates on all the workstations on the test environment. I can't seem to configure the Authentication portion on the ISE.

I request if someone can guide me or direct me to materials that can help achieve the above requirements. The guides available on the Cisco website are  overwhelming and I can't seem to figure out how I am supposed to configure the authentication portion.

My email: krishil85@yahoo.co.nz

Cheers,

Krishil Reddy

0 Replies 0