Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cisco ISE Guest Authentication Failed : 86020: Unknown exception

Hi,

I would like to check what may be causing the error message 86020:unknown exception for ise when guest user authenticates via wireless using CWA? I have also attached a screen capture of the error and after the authenitcation logs change to autheorization only succeed after a repeated trying. Based on user feedback for failed login, When guest user gets conected to wirless and login in to guest  portal with credential after putting credential  then its again redirect  to same login page wihout successful login prompt; not too sure if there may be any settings that may be looked into and the reason for the unknown exception error?

Any suggestion/recommendation is appreciated.

Everyone's tags (2)
6 REPLIES

Hi,

Are you using a static hostname redirection? If so, are there multiple PSNs part of this deployment?

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Tarik Admani *Please rate helpful posts*

Hi Tarik,

Not too sure if i understand on the static hostname for redirection; there are 2 PSNs for the deployment however they are acting as active/secondary for the wireless (This is done from the wlan on the wlc to set the primary/secondary radius server). From the guest redirection; it is always hitting the primary radius server defined on the wlan/wlc. The ise is running version 1.1.4 with patch 8 applied.

Not  too sure if there may be any settings that may be looked into for the guest authentication/redirection and the reason for the unknown exception error?

Thanks.

Nevermind the static hostname question since that feature was available in 1.2.

How often does this happen, also what version are you running on the wireless side, and are you using foreign and anchor controllers for this guest solution?

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Tarik Admani *Please rate helpful posts*

Re: Cisco ISE Guest Authentication Failed : 86020: Unknown excep

Hi Tarik,

The issue is intermittent and i noticed recently it occured quite often. For the wlc; it is running 7.5.102.0. Foreign/anchor controllers are not used for the guest solution.

Thanks.

We are facing the same issue.

We are facing the same issue. Any updates about this?

We are facing the same issue.

We are facing the same issue. Any updates about this?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content