Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE: How to add a description of an Internal Endpoint

david_mayor
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

In ACS 5, when adding an Internal Hosts, we could add a description of the host, in addition to the MAC address.

In ISE, there is no such description field available. However, it present in the Internal User but not in Internal Hosts.

How can we do to add description of MAC address device ?

Many thanks,

David

8 Replies 8

bikespace
Level 1
Level 1

Not possible I'm very sure up until at least 1.1.4. I know what you mean, it would be really useful to keep track of manually entered devices. I hope it's been added to 1.2, but I've not had chance to find out yet.
What version you running?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

please be advised follow the steps.

Creating Logical Profiles

You can create a logical profile that you can use to group a category of endpoint profiling policies, which

allows you to create an overall category of profiles or associated profiles. You can also remove the

endpoint profiling policies from the assigned set moving them back to the available set.

Step 1Choose Policy > Profiling > Profiling > Logical Profiles.

Step 2Click Add.

Step 3Enter a name and description for the new logical profile in the text boxes for Name and Description.

Step 4Choose endpoint profiling policies from the Available Policies to assign them in a logical profile.

Step 5Click the right arrow to move the selected endpoint profiling policies to the Assigned Policies.

Step 6Click Submit.

Hi,

@Basant Lenka: I don't have the profiling option under Policy.

@bikespace: I have asked the question to Cisco and in 1.2, this feature does not exist neither... That's really pity.

Best regards,

David

nnatalio39
Level 1
Level 1

Any update on this issue? I actually have found a way to trick this issue, but it's not the best way in my opinion. You insert the mac address you want to give a description into an Endpoint Group, there you can add a description. Definitely not the simplest thing. 

is this what you are looking for , if not let me know

Hi,

Thank you for your helpful response!

Yes, that's actually what I've been looking for. I actually have just asked Cisco about it, and that feature to add a description to Endpoint is only available on ISE 1.3 (I'm running 1.2). However, I also have been told that if you go to Administration > Identity Management > Identities > Endpoints, where the MAC addresses you have added will be listed, there is no column for "Description". Unfortunately, that "Description" column from Endpoint list view is also what I've been looking for, for the sake of managing those MAC addresses easily. But, he didn't give the the proof about that "Description" column not being there. Would you like to take a sample screenshot of Endpoint list view? I just want to make sure that there's no "Description" column there.

Thank you very much!

Yes, that is exactly what I am looking for.  I am running ISE 2.2, and I do not see any way of adding a description to an endpoint entry.  Can you please tell me, where can I find that field -- is it available in my version of ISE?

The newer ISE versions have the endpoints under "Context Visibility" menu. Filter based on your MAC address and click edit to change settings for individual MAC addresses.