Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE on VMware blank Web GUI

danhosking
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have just installed Cisco ISE on a VM in VMware workstation 7.1 so that I can play around with the interface.

I have tried multiple browsers including Mozilla 3.6 all with the same symtoms.

From the host I can-

-Ping the ISE

-I can browse to https://10.0.0.2/admin and I recieve a certificate error ( if I check the certificate I can validate it is a self signed certificate from the ISE) I continue and I get a blank webpage with Identity Services Engine on the tab at the top.

From the ISE CLI-

- I can ping the host 10.0.0.1.

- I can do a "sh application status ise" and all applications are running and have PIDs

VM settings -

- Memory 4096

- Hard drive 60 Gig

- 1 prcecessor

- Host only network connection

4 Replies 4

danhosking
Level 1
Level 1

If I do a view source in Mozilla 3.6 I get the following the page itself appears blank. I have also verified java is installed and up to date.

Identity Services Engine
     css/images/favicon.ico">
     lib/xwt/themes/kubricklite/kubricklite-base.css">
     lib/xwt/themes/kubricklite/kubricklite-xwt.css">
     css/errorpage.css">

Naveen Kumar
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

There is the problem in the browser you are using. So please remove all the  pre added certificate from your browser and try to connect to ISE using HTTPS.  ISE will issue a certificate to you. Add this certificate and you will get the  GUI of ISE.

(Remove certificate from browser: tools --> options --> content -->  certificates --> remove then restart it.)

I am aslo facing the same challenge here. I have installed ISE 1.1.4.218 on vmware workstation 9.1. It boots and i have managed to log in. i cannot setup the ISE applicance.

If a run setup i am getting a Redhat setup console (redhat setup utility)  for setting up

See below 

I am facing same issue Paul Julias. If you have fixed this please share with me. Thanks