Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE SMS to Guest

CSCO10675262_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to check if ISE may support sending of SMS to appliances in the format of <guest mobile number@sms_gateway> to the sms gateway instead of just specifying the sms gateway ip address? I have attached a screen capture of it.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That is something I havent been able to figure out myself. Please do share if someone figures this out or opens a TAC case on this, apprently when you integrate this with your SMTP server that outlook as a free connector with exchange that allows you to send SMS. However without the option for carrier on the self-registration or lobby admin portal, I dont know how this ties in together when it sends out the text message.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

CSCO10675262_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone may have any input if ISE supports sending the guest mobile number by setting it at the destination parameter for the sms server? Example Guest_Mobile_Number@sms_gateway_ip

Hi,

I would also be interested in the knowing how to use the mobile number as a part of the destination address. I have tried:

"%mobilenumber%@sms.gateway" but the ISE (1.1.1 patch 3) does not replace the %mobilenumber% with the typed in number and the SMTP relay see the reciever as "%mobilenumber%@sms.gateway".

That is something I havent been able to figure out myself. Please do share if someone figures this out or opens a TAC case on this, apprently when you integrate this with your SMTP server that outlook as a free connector with exchange that allows you to send SMS. However without the option for carrier on the self-registration or lobby admin portal, I dont know how this ties in together when it sends out the text message.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Hi all,

Didnt realize that I left the question opened. For the question I had asked; it is not supported for the ISE based on the destination address (A TAC case was opened previously for it and it is considered a RFE)

I was using Send Quick SMS gateway which is not able to understand the ISE, Based on observation; It seems that the SMS gateway would need to understand the detaination address based on the content sent by the ISE. I believe this is supported by ClickaTell (www.clickatell.com)

As an alternative; we made use of the email function on the ISE instead for both SMS/Email. (The sms gateway was able to send email and sms based on the destination address; example abc@sms.com to send sms and any other destination address to send email)

Thanks.