Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco ISE SMS to Guest

Hi,

I would like to check if ISE may support sending of SMS to appliances in the format of <guest mobile number@sms_gateway> to the sms gateway instead of just specifying the sms gateway ip address? I have attached a screen capture of it.

Thanks.

Everyone's tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cisco ISE SMS to Guest

That is something I havent been able to figure out myself. Please do share if someone figures this out or opens a TAC case on this, apprently when you integrate this with your SMTP server that outlook as a free connector with exchange that allows you to send SMS. However without the option for carrier on the self-registration or lobby admin portal, I dont know how this ties in together when it sends out the text message.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Tarik Admani *Please rate helpful posts*
4 REPLIES

Cisco ISE SMS to Guest

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone may have any input if ISE supports sending the guest mobile number by setting it at the destination parameter for the sms server? Example Guest_Mobile_Number@sms_gateway_ip

Cisco ISE SMS to Guest

Hi,

I would also be interested in the knowing how to use the mobile number as a part of the destination address. I have tried:

"%mobilenumber%@sms.gateway" but the ISE (1.1.1 patch 3) does not replace the %mobilenumber% with the typed in number and the SMTP relay see the reciever as "%mobilenumber%@sms.gateway".

Cisco ISE SMS to Guest

That is something I havent been able to figure out myself. Please do share if someone figures this out or opens a TAC case on this, apprently when you integrate this with your SMTP server that outlook as a free connector with exchange that allows you to send SMS. However without the option for carrier on the self-registration or lobby admin portal, I dont know how this ties in together when it sends out the text message.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Tarik Admani *Please rate helpful posts*

Cisco ISE SMS to Guest

Hi all,

Didnt realize that I left the question opened. For the question I had asked; it is not supported for the ISE based on the destination address (A TAC case was opened previously for it and it is considered a RFE)

I was using Send Quick SMS gateway which is not able to understand the ISE, Based on observation; It seems that the SMS gateway would need to understand the detaination address based on the content sent by the ISE. I believe this is supported by ClickaTell (www.clickatell.com)

As an alternative; we made use of the email function on the ISE instead for both SMS/Email. (The sms gateway was able to send email and sms based on the destination address; example abc@sms.com to send sms and any other destination address to send email)

Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies