Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco ISE. Windows Native Supplicant on VMware

HOw to configure VM Ware host, with WIndows 7 guest workstation to do lab test of 802.1x authentication.

I have created workstation and linked to the port on UCS, port connects to 3850 switch on access mode. how to test it? having problems with 802.1x authentication.

CCIE 18676
Everyone's tags (1)
4 REPLIES

what exact problem you are

what exact problem you are facing? In the client workstation , have you enabled 802.1x service from list of services? You need to enable it by opening the services when run as admin.

Thank you guys.. .I got it up

Thank you guys.. .I got it up and running... Not sure what the problem was..

Another problem, do you know if there is a why to run anyconnect authentication on VM Windows 7, that is connected to a trunk port on the switch. Meaning this VM host will have example of 10 servers and 5 workstations windows 7. Multiple VLANs connected to a trunk port.. Can i run 802.1x auth on 2 out of my 5 workstations??

Should i install nexus 1000v?

THanks

CCIE 18676
Cisco Employee

802.1x is not supported on

802.1x is not supported on trunk ports

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/15-0_2_se/configuration/guide/scg3750/sw8021x.html

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Cisco Employee

I agree with salodh, we need

I agree with salodh, we need more info on what the problem is. I have had dot1x working in VMware before for testing purposes and had no issues. Please provide:

1. Details on the problem

2. Screen shots with the supplicant's configuration

3. Authentication logs from ISE

4. Output from the following command on the 3850 "show authentication session interface interface_name_number"

Views
Helpful
Replies