Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco NAC 3355 as ipep 1.2 ISE node

Ahmad Murad
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to setup Cisco NAC 3355 applaince as ISE ipep node with the software version 1.2 but I cannot because of the following error:

Error: Unsupported hardware detected!

Cisco UDI (Unique Device Identifier) not found on this appliance.

Exiting Installation.

For me this is strange because the applaince is Cisco NAC applaince and as per the installation guides, such type of hardware is supported.

We have 8GM RAM, and 4*70 GB HD.

Is there any thing I can fo to solve this?

Thanks.

9 Replies 9

harvisin
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

It can be possible but please go throug the link below for the installation :-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.2/installation_guide/ise_installing_on_NAC-AC.html

This is exactly the link I refered to.

The problem that the NAC 3355 applaince is supported hardware, but dont know what is the problem.

Thanks.

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

It may possible that you have installed a wrong Image. Please check the ISE IOS image. Beacuse you have to download  the Cisco ISE, Release 1.2, or Inline Posture node ISO image, burn the  ISO image on a DVD, and use it to install Release 1.2 on the Cisco  ISE-3300 series, and legacy Cisco NAC and Cisco Secure ACS appliances.

I downloaded the ISE 1.2 ipep image from the website.

ise-ipep-1.2.0-899.i386.iso --- this is the image I downloaded from the website, and this is the one I burned to a DVD.

I tried to delete the RAID and build it again but without any luck, still the same error.

Ahmad Murad
Level 1
Level 1

I have contaced Cisco TAC for this, and they told me that this is known hardware issue.

To solve the problem, the TAC needs to re-configure the hardware but this can only be done through Cisco SE, NCE or accoutn team of the account.

Or you need to replace the device (RMA).

Thanks.

Ahmad.

blenka
Level 3
Level 3

hi,

•  NAC  3315/55/95 and ACS 1121 appliances can be reimaged to support ISE.   Older appliances, NAC 33x0 platforms, NAC 3140 and ACS 1120, cannot.  Customers with these older appliances quality for discounted appliance  migration skus

I have NAC server 3355 which can be re-imaged to be used as ISE server.

My problem that the UDI some how is not detected and as per Cisco TAC it is known hardware issue and can be solved by Cisco team.

Hi Ahmad

FYI,

you must reimage and restore the configuration and operational backup depending on the personas  enabled on the node originally. If you have to reimage the node, before you reimage it, ensure that you generate a support bundle by running the backup-logs CLI command and place the support bundle in a remote repository in order to help ascertain the cause of failure.

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

Please also check the following link along with other posted.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-24412

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: