cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Network Setup Assistant with WIndows8

jiyoung Kim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm trying to provisioning on Windows 8(Surface pro)

When the Cisco Network setup Assistant is on, it asks 'network password' while the ssid is wpa2-enterprise.

and I configured as it is on NSP.

Is it a bug ??

7 Replies 7

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

What version of ise are you on, also what is the windows native supplicant provisioning version? See if the release notes for 1.2 meet your current design.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.2/release_notes/ise12_rn.html#wp378491

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Im using the latest version of ISE and network setup assistant. And there is no description of network password in release note.

The network setup assistant asks network password....

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

What security are should using on this wireless ssid ?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Can you post a screenshot of your native supplicant provisioning policy, also do you run into this same issue with a windows 7 client also?

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

On windows 7, it does bit show network password, and work fine. However, on windows8, it asks network password and i do not have any idea what the network password is since im using WPA2-ENTERPRISE. I will post the policy later when i get to work.

Wpa2-enterprize.

sahseth
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would be helpful to narrow down issue if we can have a look of supplicant provisioning policy.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: