cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SECURE ACS 3.0 and Vasco Radius Middleware 2.0.2 - user "CSMonRad"?

cklim
Level 1
Level 1

I had both ACS 3.0 and VRM installed in the same NT 4.0 Machine.

ACS ports had been changed in registry as

Authentication: 1812

Accounting:1813

VRM ports uses standard IETF

Authentication: 1645

Accounting:1646

All user token authentication works fine and ACS does the accounting. Fine!

Only problem is:

In VRM Audit GUI, there is always ongoing warning message about user "CSMonRad" trying to login and fails.

Who (What) is CSMonRad? (Seems like its from Cisco Secure)

Is this trying on port 1645 through I had change to 1812?

Anyone can advice and help?

3 Replies 3

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CSMonRad is the internal user that ACS logs in with every 1 minute (configurable) to see if everything's still working OK. If you go under System Config - ACS Service Mgmt you'll see where you can set it up to test the services. I'm presuming that you'll have "Take No Action" as the action type, otherwise your ACS services would be restarting every minute or so.

I guess this user still uses ports 1645 to authenticate it's login, regardless of what you've set the CSRadius service up to listen on. I don't see anyway around this in the registry or configuration either.

Ok. Thanks. I had disabled the periodic authentication testing and the message was gone.

I had also another error message in NT Event Manager: Perflib

"The library file "radmon.dll" specified for the "CSRadius" service could not be opened. Performance data for this servic willnot be available. Status code is data DWORD 0.

Data:Byte

0000:7e 00 00 00"

Is this error related to the same issue where I have change the Radius port to 1812/1813?

Kindly advice. Thank you.

vogli
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a problem with my ACS 3.0 and my Vasco for authentication.

The authentication failed because the CHAP password is not OK.

CS CHAP password invalid

But I'm using PAP poassword with ACS 3.0 and VASCO .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: