Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Secure ACS 3.2 in high aivalability

ppasseri
Level 1
Level 1

Hello to everybody,

I have a simple question concerning CiscoSecure ACS 3.2 (software Solution or Solution Engine).

Browsing the documentation in the Cisco WEB Site I found indicated that the application should support High Availability configuration.

Unfortunately I gave a deeper look to the technical documentation but I did not find anything about that.

Has someone ever implemented an high availability configuration ?

In positive case, have you got some hints, some documentation to suggest and finally few

words in order to explain how the high availability configuration works.

Many thanks for your.... (high) availability !.

Regards

Paolo

2 Replies 2

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just install ACS on another machine, preferably in another location, then set up Database Replication between the two, so that changes made on the primary ACS server get automatically sent over to the backup. Then on your NAS's, just define both ACS servers and if the first is not available it should try the backup one.

Hi Glenn,

Thank you very much for your help, the information you gave me is very precious. I have only a question. Not all of the NASes we are going to use are manufactured by Cisco, so we are not sure that we could configure two RADIUS Servers.

We were thinking to bypass the problem by installing two instances of the application in a couple of stations equipped with Windows 2000 Advanced Server or with another clustering application (StoneBeat ?) in cluster configuration.

In this scenario, in case of fault (HW or SW) the switch between primary and secondary unit could be managed by the clustering application, while DB replication could be performed by a dedicated network interface (I do not know if it is possible).

Do you think such a configuration is possible ? Have you any knowledge of a similar kind of application ?

Many thanks for your help.

Ciao

Paolo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: