Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Secure ACS and VPN3000 concentrator

vilasboas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello people ,

Please I would like to know how can VPN3000 and Cisco Secure ACS can authenticate the usernames enter and manage the VPN 3000 without configuring usernames in the VPN3000 concentrator , but only looking for the database directily in the NT domain . The VPN concentrator working with the Cisco ACS , ans the ACS , look fot the admin usernames and databases in the NT domain server. I hope answers .

Thank you very much .

Anderson Nery Vilas Boas

2 Replies 2

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Nery. If you looking for information on how to enable the 'external authentication server ' option to authenticate groups for IPSec tunneling, you can do that by selecting the option 'external' for the field 'Type' which is located on Monitoring > General > IPSec > Modify (group) > Identity. To specify an external server for user authentication, use the Configuration > System > Servers > Authentication page. The info is available in http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/471/vpn_3000_auth.html#topic2. Please note that either way the group names need to be configured on the concentrator.

I guess it would be a good idea to visit the 3000 support page. I have found it to be pretty useful.

Technical Support > Hardware Support > Security & VPN Devices > VPN 3000 Series Client/Concentrators.

Hi , thank you very much for the help but what I need to know is something a little diferent than waht you teach me I want to know this solution to authenticate in the VPN3000 to get access there like an administrator , such as when troughout a telnet enter the VPN conentrator and there , it ask us a user and a passord that is in a NT domain , after correct user and pass we have telnet access to type commands directy in VPN conventrator . How can I make VPN3000 concentrator search this username and password in Cisco Secure ACS , and ACS search it in NT server . But this user and pass is for administration , like a telnet , and not for the commom users to access network in general for example like you teach me . Did you understand my really doubt ? Could you please help me ? Thank you very much. Best regards.

Anderson Nery Vilas Boas