Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Secure ACS and VPN3000 concentrator

Hello people ,

Please I would like to know how can VPN3000 and Cisco Secure ACS can authenticate the usernames enter and manage the VPN 3000 without configuring usernames in the VPN3000 concentrator , but only looking for the database directily in the NT domain . The VPN concentrator working with the Cisco ACS , ans the ACS , look fot the admin usernames and databases in the NT domain server. I hope answers .

Thank you very much .

Anderson Nery Vilas Boas

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Cisco Secure ACS and VPN3000 concentrator

Hi Nery. If you looking for information on how to enable the 'external authentication server ' option to authenticate groups for IPSec tunneling, you can do that by selecting the option 'external' for the field 'Type' which is located on Monitoring > General > IPSec > Modify (group) > Identity. To specify an external server for user authentication, use the Configuration > System > Servers > Authentication page. The info is available in http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/471/vpn_3000_auth.html#topic2. Please note that either way the group names need to be configured on the concentrator.

I guess it would be a good idea to visit the 3000 support page. I have found it to be pretty useful.

Technical Support > Hardware Support > Security & VPN Devices > VPN 3000 Series Client/Concentrators.

Re: Cisco Secure ACS and VPN3000 concentrator

Hi , thank you very much for the help but what I need to know is something a little diferent than waht you teach me I want to know this solution to authenticate in the VPN3000 to get access there like an administrator , such as when troughout a telnet enter the VPN conentrator and there , it ask us a user and a passord that is in a NT domain , after correct user and pass we have telnet access to type commands directy in VPN conventrator . How can I make VPN3000 concentrator search this username and password in Cisco Secure ACS , and ACS search it in NT server . But this user and pass is for administration , like a telnet , and not for the commom users to access network in general for example like you teach me . Did you understand my really doubt ? Could you please help me ? Thank you very much. Best regards.

Anderson Nery Vilas Boas

Views
Helpful
Replies