Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cisco Secure ACS v 4.2

Hi There

We have Cisco Secure Acs v 4.2 and we are running it in parallel with Active Directory to Authenticate users to access Juniper/Cisco devices. For all users except "root and admin"

Since "admin" user is only defined on Juniper devices and ACS so we have to change admin password on both ends. I have changed admin password on Juniper devices and now need to change the same on ACS.

All I need to confirm that I am changing the password from exact location.

ACS Admin -----> usres list -----> choose "admin" user ---> from user setup section ------> choose password authetication methos as "ACS internal database" ----> change the password from the option.

Please let me know if you require any additional information.

Thanks

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

For the Change of the

Yes, this is right procedure

Yes, this is right procedure.

Rate if Useful :)

Sharing knowledge makes you Immortal.

Regards,

Ed

Hi ThereThanks for reply.

Hi There

Thanks for reply.

There are couple of other password options which I want to understand where exactly these are applied. I have attached some print screen to better clarify my concern.

1 - All users authetication - We are using windows datadase (AD) in this case to be used for password authentication.

2 - Admin user authentication - we are using ACS internal databse in this case for password authentication.

3 - Other password options - There are 2 sections and I am not able to calrify their exact implementation.

i- TACACS+ enable password - we are not using this option. Then second option, it says, "use separate password" ---->> what exactly is the purpose of these ?

ii - TACACS+ Outbound Password  
(Used for SendPass and SendAuth clients such as routers) -----> where exactly this optin is used and in which scenario.

Thanks in advance !!

Hi Guys Any help will be

Hi Guys

Any help will be highly appreciated

ACS Admin -----> usres list -----> choose "admin" user ---> from user setup section ------> choose password authetication methos as "ACS internal database" ----> change the password from the option.

I am using above mentioned steps but the change is not happening. where exactly I am making mistake ? is it required to make change only with Admin account ?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content