Views
Helpful
Replies

Clear ACS 5.2 logs

adrianapanozzo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there any way to clear the history log of ACS 5.2 (authentication failed, pass, etc)?

Thanks!

10 Replies 10

adrianapanozzo
Level 1
Level 1

Any idea?

adrianapanozzo
Level 1
Level 1

......!

Hi Adrian,

Have you find a way to clear the logs?

Regards,

Rami

There is no way to clear the logs in ACS 5.2 unless you reimage the appliance or issue a application acs reset-config (which factory resets the unit) then you can restore the application backup with no logs.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

You can use the purge function, setting the "Maximum Stored Data Period" to one month, that is the minimum.

After the scheduled job has been completed, you have only one month of events to be deleted manually.

Roy Ros
Level 1
Level 1

It is possible to remove the current db and replace it with a clean one. For this you need the root patch and is only provided by TAC.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Just out of curiosity why do you want to clear the logs? Are you experiencing issues with the opt volume filling up?

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Hi Tarik,

I need to clear the logs because there are some messages from the system alarm collector (database failure) that are very frequent and are filling up all the buffer space. But you can only delete 100 messages at once that is the maximum length of one page.

It could be useful to have the possibility to delete all the messages of a certain type.

You could use some macro recorder program to automate your mouse movements that click select all and delete and put it in a loop. I know it's a dirty workaround but it worked for me. I used AutoIt to do it, because I already had some knowledge how to do it. Of course there are many more and easier tools for it.

I hope this will be a temporary problem because I need to find the root cause of the critical message in order to stop the logging of this kind of messages and fix the problem definitively.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: