Views
Helpful
Replies

Client configuration for EAP-Fast autentication in windows 7 with any connect

bose_boss
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have implemented wlan security with authentication type eap-fast.

Active Directory integrated with ACS for user authentication with single sign on.

For xp clients wireless utilities available with specific vendors and now the problem is coming with windows 7 clients.

The windows 7 not supporting eap fast, so we are planning to use cisco any connect secure mobility client version 3.x.x.

I am unable to configure the client  with any connect according to specific document.

Can any one provide the simplefied document or procedure to configure the any connect for wlan authentication.

Please help me...... The customer is on fire, and most of the laptops are with windows 7.

Thanks,

Subhash

1 Reply 1

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Subhash,

Is there a reason why you can not use PEAP instead? This solution seems to scale well since there isnt any additional overhead of the ACS having to manage master keys and PACs for all clients and then making sure that they are replicated to all the other ACS appliances.

I would suggest moving all windows clients to PEAP, since you already have to have ACS configured with a signed cert for eapfast you can easily validate the server under your PEAP connection profile.

Let me know if that will work if not we can move on to AC3 and getting you some guidance on how configure eap-fast.