Views
Helpful
Replies

Controlling NAC Agent behaviour

tonyp8581
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to find some documentation that explains what makes the NAC agent pop up and start the Posture assessment.

I always was under the impression that the Authorization policies created in ISE is responsible to wake the NAC Agent and begin the Posture assessment. However, I recently noticed without having any policies in place, the NAC agent still pop's up and starts the Posture assessment.

Does anybody have any information on this behaviour ?

Thanks !

2 Replies 2

Muhammad Munir
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

I have found a document for controlling NAC Agent Behaviour,Please visit the given link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/nac/appliance/configuration_guide/49/cas/49cas-book.html

Hi Muhammad,

Thanks for the link.  The section where it talks about the SWISS protocol seems interesting.  The only thing I'm wondering if this configuration also applies to an ISE environment.  You see, I have a wireless client going through an WLC 5508 with ISE being used as radius server.

Do you think the NAC Agent should begin the posture assessment without any configured posture policy ?

Tony

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: