Views
Helpful
Replies

CSACS-5-LRG-LIC device support

dabellan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team,

If I purcahse the "CSACS-5-LRG-LIC" license, how many AAA clients does this allow me to support on a pair of ACS appliances?   My client may have more that 500 clients so they want to know how far it can scale.

Thanks
David

3 Replies 3

Tiago Antunes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Large Deployment License Allows deployment to support more than 500 network devices (AAA clients  that are counted by configured IP addresses). That is, the Large  Deployment license enables the ACS deployment to support an unlimited  number of network devices in the enterprise.

Now I know that the ACS appliance 1121 has been tested up to 35k devices so i would asssume that it can cope up to 35000 devices.

Above this number the performance has not been tested (so not recomended).

HTH,

Tiago

Hi Tiago,

The 500 is based on IP addressed devices. But does this affect quantity of users being authenticated - I assume not but would be nice to get confirmation. I.e. 100 devices and 1000 users (authenticated via back-end AD/LDAP) would not require the large deployment license.

Regards,

Garry.

Licensing is affected only be numbers of devices. The number of other objects, including number of users, does not come into play

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: