cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSACS capable of dropping lines and users?

dehghan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Is Cisco ACS capable of dropping users logged in vthrough a NAS. I have seen a purge option but I dont think this does the trick. I am looking at dropping a specific user from the CSACS ineterface.

Also is it capable of showing what password has been entered by the user while logging in for troubleshooting purposes?.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You mean passwords 'modified' (like enable/HSRP/Tacacs key etc) after logging into the device or passwords entered to login INTO the device itself?

The first one can be logged/accounted for by using command accounting (requires NAS to use TACACS+ and not Radius). The second case is logged in the ACS >> Reports >> Failed Attempts.

Regards

Farrukh

For the first one I mean dropping an already logged in user User on an Async line. (Perhaps resetting the line on the NAS from CSACS).

for the second one I mean actually seeing what the user has entered for his/her password while he/she was logging in, to verify if she is entering a wrong password. (CSACS only gives me a general password incorrect message but I want to see what the password entered was.)

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: