Views
Helpful
Replies

Custom Application to set/get TACACS+ information a User

sravit123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have to develop a custom application that sets/gets TACACS+ information for a particular user profile.

I was able to set values in "TACACS+ Enable Control" form and "TACACS+ Enable Password" form using action code 105.

But I am not able to set "Use separate password" flag and separate password in "TACACS+ Enable Password" form,

and TACACS+ Outbound Password . Can somebody give me the actioncodes and show how the entries in accountactions.csv file

will look for the mentioned operations that is:

1) to update TACACS+ outbound password, and

2) to set "Use separate password" flag and separate password in "TACACS+ Enable Password" form

My next question would be:

How do we retrive TACACS+ outbound password and attribute values in "TACACS+ Enable Password" form dump.txt

I was able to retrieve values for attributes in TACACS+ Enable Password" form

Following is a sample entry in dump.txt for these attributes:

App01 enable_passwd ESTRING 0x0018 6a 35 9b 76 ce c3 81 9c 6d 1c d5 41 06 1a 4e 07 92 8d 50 06 de d4 2a 89

App01 max_priv STRING 0,3 (used for attributes in TACACS+ Enable Password" form)

App01 max_priv_LENGTH INTEGER 3

I also checked the link:http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_solution_engine/4.0/user/guide/ag.html

But I did not find satisfactory information.

Please reply ASAP, your help will be most appreciated.

Ravi

1 Reply 1

darpotter
Level 5
Level 5

Action code 105 *should* do everything needed to get the enable password set to your value.

If it doesnt then its a bug in RDBMS sync.

Passwords in ACS are encrypted and you cant extract them - by design.

Darran