Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cyclades ACS8 with Cisco ACS using TACACS+

Hi All,

I'm hoping someone has already gone through this and has a nice answer for me.  I'm looking to integrate our Cyclades ACS Console Servers into our Cisco ACS servers using TACACS+.  At this point it's sort of working but not quite the way I want it to but I don't know what I'm missing. 

As it stands I've set up TACACS+ on the Cyclades with TacacsPlus/Local.  If I log in with my own credentials, which are derived from AD, it works but I am classed as a 'Regular User' with only the ability to start console sessions.  What I would like is to be classed as 'Admin'.  I'm guessing this needs setting in the Shell Profile but I don't know what I'm supposed to be specifying.                    

Please let me know if you know what to specify on the Cisco ACS server to get this working the way I want. 

System details are:

The Cyclades ACS8 is running v3.2.1

The Cisco ACS server is running v5.3.0.40

Regards,

Craig

Everyone's tags (5)
2 REPLIES

Craig,

We have all of our Avocents running through LDAP/AD because at the time I couldn't find the right VSA for RADIUS. If you can get either the Radius dictionary or the TACACS attributes that ACS needs to see to map to a shell then I could help you write the profile.

D.C.

That's the part I'm missing at the moment.  I don't know what the TACACS attributes are for the ACS8's so I'm unable to have my login elevated above 'Regular User'.  Once I know what the attribute and value need to be I can add that to the Shell Profile and I'll be set.  It's just getting that list which is proving a challenge!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content