Views
Helpful
Replies

display custom ndg acs 5

Reece Boucher
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I am in the process of migrating to ACS 5.2 from 4.2 and have created custom NDG's for Division (multi-divisional company), however when I go to show Network Devices and AAA clients it shows Name, IP/Mask, NDG:Location, NDG:Device Type and Description.

Can I add a column for NDG:Division here?

3 Replies 3

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ACS 5.0 does not support the ACS 4.x shared key password attribute for network device groups (NDGs). The Analysis Report flags shared key passwords on the NDG level. You can only use shared key passwords on the network device level.

Note If a shared key password resides on the NDG level, the shared key password is migrated to all the network devices that belong to this NDG. The network devices's shared key password is migrated only if the NDG shared key password is empty.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5-0/migration/guide/migrationguide/Appendix_A_ACS_missing_Attributes.html#wp1038606

Thanks for that information.  A bit of background...

We are running ACS 4 with a back-end to a 2000 Active Directory.  We have migrated to a 2008 AD (different domain) so don't necessarily want to take many users across.  We have multiple divisions within the company (hence the requirement for the Division NDG).

I did an export of all devices and created the NDG's and shared keys and imported them and all seems to be good, apart from the displaying the Division NDG under Network Devices and AAA clients.

From what I could see in the documentation custom NDG's should show up.

Your help is appreciated.

Reece...

Reece Boucher
Level 1
Level 1

Finally resolved.  Upgrading to ACS 5.6 solved the issue.

Thanks for those that responded.