Views
Helpful
Replies

Distributed system with different hardware

Tuyen Nguyen
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings

I would like to know if I can create a distributed system with 2 different ACS appliances/instances (1121 and 3415) with same version.  If not possible I would like to retrieve the configuration(Network devices and AAA client, command shell etc) replication to build another distributed system with identical instance (hardware and version).

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sounds good. If you accept the question as answerd, please consider rating the thread.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

edwjames
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

You can create this, no issues.

**Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality.
--Dalai Lama**

Please Rate if helpful.
Regards
Ed

**Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality. --Dalai Lama** Please Rate if helpful. Regards Ed

Thanks for the feedback, but I was also wondering if I can retrieve my configuration (Network devices and AAA client, command shell etc) from a primary instance to build another primary instance with a different IP?

I know there is a limitation

Changing the IP may result in undesired side effects on any installed application(s).

Are you sure you want to proceed? Y/N [N]:

Thanks.

Tuyen,

Yes, you can. Just create a backup on the first server, and restore that backup on the second server.

If doing this from the CLI use the "acs backup" command, so you're just backing up the ACS data. Then, create the second ACS server at the desired IP address, and restore with "acs restore".

Javier Henderson

Cisco Systems

Thanks worked like a charm

Sounds good. If you accept the question as answerd, please consider rating the thread.