Views
Helpful
Replies

EAP-TLS User and machine authentication question

alex.dersch
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

i have a question regarding EAP TLS authentication in a wireless environment. We use Cisco AnyConnect NAM client and an ACS 5.1 to do EAP-TLS authentification. The Laptop and the user can be successfully authenticated using a certificate from our internal CA. i can also check the in our corporate AD if the user and machine are member of a certain group and based on the membership a can grant access to the network.

i can see in the ACS when the laptops after a reboot logs on to the network, but i don't see a log when the laptop comes back from hibernate mode, i guess this is normal because the laptop sends only the autentication equest after rebooting.

What i'd like to achive is, when a user logs on the it should always be checked if the machine was authenticated prior the user can get access to the network. Is there a way to do this with EAP-TLS and a LDAP connection to Active Directory.

thanks in advanced

alex

1 Reply 1

Christian_Ney
Level 4
Level 4

Sounds like you rather want to use PEAP/MSChapV2

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: