Views
Helpful
Replies

External DB [SecurID.dll]: Failed to load 'aceclnt.dll'

sdugravot
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

ACS refuse to start, possibly after windows 2000 upgrade. The error message in the csauth log is :

ADMN 05/05/2006 08:42:11 E 0360 1824 External DB [SecurID.dll]: Failed to load 'aceclnt.dll'

ADMN 05/05/2006 08:42:11 E 0547 1824 AuthenLoadLibrary: DLL for RSA SecurID Token Server initialization function failed

ADMN 05/05/2006 08:42:11 E 0028 1824 Exception trapped at D:\ccData\snapViews\Snap_rgoren_matis-build11@ismg_israel_acs@ACS-B-394\ismg_israel_acs\Acs\DZAuth\authentication_common.c:631 [Exception trapped in AuthenLoadSupplier]

I have try to suppress windows update, but the problem is always here, this services refuses to start :

* csradius

* cstacas

* csadmin

* csauth

Any ideas ??

2 Replies 2

darpotter
Level 5
Level 5

Hmm, the exception definately shouldnt happen - no matter what else may have occurred on your machine.

Have you ever used the RSA authenticator? The aceclnt.dll is supplied by RSA and installed into system32 when you install the RSA client tools CD.

If yes, its possible the OS upgrade managed to nuke the DLL accidentally. ALthough the error message "Failed to load aceclnt.dll" is actually quite normal. I get this and dont have RSA support installed.

I think this will require a call to the TAC as you probably need a developer to track the crash... the sort thing I used to do!

Darran

Well, there is news with my problem ...

In fact it seems that the CSAUTH service stop after adding the EXTERNAL USER DATABASE (EUD) number 31 or 32. If i delete the newly EUD, i can restart the CSAUTH service...

Question : Is there a max number of EUD in ACS such as 32 ... ?

Thx.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: