Views
Helpful
Replies

failure to apply patch to ACS 5.0.3

abukuru95
Level 3
Level 3

Hi guys,

I am trying to apply pach 5 to my ACS version 5.3 using FTP but i receive the following errors after issuing the show backup history command.

Wed Jun 13 14:54:31 CEST 2012: backup test-120613-1454.tar.gpg to repository ACS_BACKUP: error - transfer failed

Wed Jun 13 15:03:38 CEST 2012: backup test-120613-1503.tar.gpg to repository ACS_BACKUP: error - transfer failed

When i use TFTP, i get a message saying that the file is too big, which i understand 164 MB.

after issuing the show repository "repository name", i get the following error.

% Error reading directory on remote server.

the patch is on one of my hard drives D, how do i specify on the ACS file path which drive to use?

I can only place a url but without specifying which drive. Any help is highly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

TFTP doesn't work. Try to use only FTP. The error you are seeing indicates that user doesn't has sufficient rights to make changes. On the FTP server, you need to create that folder as a HOME directory and give read/write rights.

After that run show repository and it should show you the list of all the available files.

In case it doesn't work try to get the logs from the FTP server.

Regards,

Jatin

Do rate helpful posts-

~Jatin

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

TFTP doesn't work. Try to use only FTP. The error you are seeing indicates that user doesn't has sufficient rights to make changes. On the FTP server, you need to create that folder as a HOME directory and give read/write rights.

After that run show repository and it should show you the list of all the available files.

In case it doesn't work try to get the logs from the FTP server.

Regards,

Jatin

Do rate helpful posts-

~Jatin

thanks jkatyal, how can i know which drive is in us? i still cannot find where to specify this. I have the file on my D drive.

i want to be sure that i am on the right path before accessing the contents.

thanks for your help.

Hi JKatyal,

found it, i was actually specifying the wrong folder location since the ftp user i created already accessed a folder. i just placed a / on the path location.

thanks a lot for your help