Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

flash:c2900XL-hs-mz-112.8.10-SA6.bin

I recently loaded this version of code directly on to a 2900 but do not seem to be able to enable tacacs - it will take the aaa new-model command aswell as the authentication commands but will not accept the accounting commands. Also there does not appear to be a command to specify a tacacs server! Is this because I should have upgraded from a previous version of code instead of loading this directly?

Thank You.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: flash:c2900XL-hs-mz-112.8.10-SA6.bin

I presume you upgraded to 11.2(8.10) because your switch only has 4Meg of memory. Unfortunately AAA (Radius and TACACS) wasn't fully introduced into the XL switches until the newer ones with 8Meg and 12.x code came out. You'll probably have to purchase addititonla memory and upgrade to the highest you can go and that'll give you the right features.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

I presume you upgraded to 11.2(8.10) because your switch only has 4Meg of memory. Unfortunately AAA (Radius and TACACS) wasn't fully introduced into the XL switches until the newer ones with 8Meg and 12.x code came out. You'll probably have to purchase addititonla memory and upgrade to the highest you can go and that'll give you the right features.

you presumed correctly that the reson I loaded this version of code was because of memory restrictions. I do find it strange that some of the aaa commands are available - enough to lock you out of the switch if you implement them even though you cannot fully enable tacacs! Thx.....

What version of !2.X is the most stable? Fortunately for us, our switches have 8Meg with 11.2 IOS.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content