Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

From CCNA...to CCNP or CCSP

I just recently completed my CCNA and im not sure about which CISCO certification to do next..should i do CCNP or CCSP..I hear CCSP has about 5 modules,when taking them is there a specific way im supposed to take them or can they just be taken randomly?

2 REPLIES
Gold

Re: From CCNA...to CCNP or CCSP

Yes there are really 5 exams

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le37/le54/learning_certification_type_home.html

I think you can take first 4 exams randomly (every exam is specific to different Cisco evice (technology)

SNRS - routers+switches

SNPA - PIX+ASA

IPS - intrusion prevention appliances

CSVPN - VPN concentrator

BUT

Last should be SND (it covers all topics from all previous exams)

I suggest you start with SNRS - it gives you good understandig of AAA, VPN (needed also for SNPA and CSVPN) , CBAC, IOS firewall etc...

and finish with SND

M.

Re: From CCNA...to CCNP or CCSP

Hi,

Do the SND first, not last. It covers all of the other modules briefly and isn't very indepth. It gives you a good understanding of each module before you attempt each of them.

I recently passed my CCSP after doing my CCNA a few years back. I am now doing the CCNP, I don't think it really matters which you do first so long as you have a good grasp of the CCNA topics.

Good luck.

Ian

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content