Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Global change of enable password and adding new users

Im building my first ACS v3 server and need to add 100+ users to it, assigning them to various group.s and setting their full name, password and the enable password.

I've looked at using the csutil program to do this but I cant find how to set the enable password and the full name. I've tried this :-

ADD:testuser:CSDB:userpassword:PROFILE:8

what keyword do I need to set the enable password?

Ive also tried doing it by doing a csutil -d and then modifying the users setup to include the parameters for the enable password and other sections I want to configure. Then used csutil -l dump.txt to update the changes. Is this a safe way to do this?

I need to change the enable password on a monthly basis and don't want to edit every user account to do it, any other suggestions on how to do this? This is seperate to the routers enable password.

Thanks,

Lee

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Global change of enable password and adding new users

I guess that is a good idea as long as you are not running into any problems. I would suggest you to experiment in a test enviornment before doing it on a production server.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content