Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Group Mappings to Windows Database

Hi,

I am trying to create a series of group mappings between a single Windows group and a single ACS group. I am using a 4.0 ACS Appliance with a Windows ACS Remote Agent on a 2003 Member server.

I can add the database successfully and map to the domain. When I create a new configuration, the Windows groups enumerate correctly, but when I try to create the mapping, I end up with the NTGroups mapped to "All other combinations" and my CiscoSecure group set to the one I selected. I am unable to add other mappings to this as it simply replaces the first one. It acts as though this Windows database is actually another format that only allows a single mapping??

I noticed there is a limitation on the user being a member of more than 500 groups, and was wondering if this is applied at the time the groups are enumerated, or when the user actually tries to log in. I am reasonably sure I have more than 500 groups.

I have been able to do 1:1 mappings in earlier ACS versions and on the Windows product.

thanks

Scott

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Group Mappings to Windows Database

Hi Scott

This seems to be a Java applet issue. Try to upgrade your Java.

Yor are mapping one AD group to one ACS group but the GUI ( web interface ) is not sending this information to ACS. Hence ACS takes the default mapping.

Try to do the mapping again & again.It will work at one point.

2 REPLIES

Hi Scott

This seems to be a Java applet issue. Try to upgrade your Java.

Yor are mapping one AD group to one ACS group but the GUI ( web interface ) is not sending this information to ACS. Hence ACS takes the default mapping.

Try to do the mapping again & again.It will work at one point.

Amrith,

I updated to Java Platform SE 6 and it worked.

thanks

Scott

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content