Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

guest self service

Hi all,

is there is an option in cisco ISE to send email to the network/security administrator after the guests finish the self service/provisioning process?

thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately not. Prior to ISE 1.2 administrators were able to configure custom alarms. That functionality was since removed.

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately not. Prior to ISE 1.2 administrators were able to configure custom alarms. That functionality was since removed.

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Thanks Neno for the answer.

i configured the recipient email address under "Alarm Settings" and i disabled all the the other frequent alarms that may annoy the the administrator like "NAS sends RADIUS accounting update messages too frequently", but i hope Cisco make it more flexible in next releases.

Note: you deserved 5 stars.

You are welcome and Thank  you! :)

Yes You Can do it Create a user in Administrators List > Admin Users select the Include system alarms in emails Enter your email address.

Note :  You need to allow ISE ip address in SMTP relay.

I am doing the same thing i am getting message from the ise box.

Guests finish the self service Admin Will receive the email.

Find the below sample email.

Process Down

Details :

Log Processor not running : Server=ISE BOX 2

Description :

One of the ISE Process is not Running

Suggested Actions :

Restart the ISE Application

*** This message is generated by Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) ***

Can you post the sample message from the guest registration that you were able to get?

Find the below message

Configuration Changed

Details : Configuration Deleted : Admin=GuestService; Object Type=GuestUser; Object Name=xxxxxx@x.x.x.x.x.com

Description : ISE configuration is updated

Suggested Actions : Check if the configuration change is expected

*** This message is generated by Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) ***

Ah yes, the configuration alarm would trigger that. The problem is that in a dynamic environment there could be a lot of other configurations that are happening that are also triggering the alarm which would flood the specified user. It would be nice if this is available natively or via custom alarms (prior to 1.2)