cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I determine what commands are associated to Priv 2 - 14

Paul Murray
Level 1
Level 1

I don't want to create Command Authorisation sets just used a priv level. I'm having trouble determining what commands are assigned to what priv level?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

m.sir
Level 7
Level 7

By default, there are three command levels on the router:

privilege level 0 - Includes the disable, enable, exit, help, and logout commands.

privilege level 1 - Normal level on Telnet; includes all user-level commands at the router> prompt.

privilege level 15 - Includes all enable-level commands at the router# prompt

Commands at level 2-14 are blank by default BUT you always have access to all commands at your level and below so if you are at level 4 you have access to commands at levels 0 and 1

Hope that helps, rate if it does

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

m.sir
Level 7
Level 7

By default, there are three command levels on the router:

privilege level 0 - Includes the disable, enable, exit, help, and logout commands.

privilege level 1 - Normal level on Telnet; includes all user-level commands at the router> prompt.

privilege level 15 - Includes all enable-level commands at the router# prompt

Commands at level 2-14 are blank by default BUT you always have access to all commands at your level and below so if you are at level 4 you have access to commands at levels 0 and 1

Hope that helps, rate if it does

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: