cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I restrict a user to do only one command in a router?

jkeeffe
Level 2
Level 2

ACS version 3.2 running on the ACS appliance. I want a user to be able to TACACS into a router and run 'reload' only. I've set this user up with these parameters

1. Under 'Define max Privilege on a per network device group basis' I assign level 15 to device group call Cisco-routers.

2. Then under TACACS+ Settings, 'Per Group Command Authorization' I click on these settings:

2a. 'Unmatched Cisco IOS commands' click DENY

2b. Click on 'Command'

2c Type 'reload' in command box

2d. There are no 'Arguments' and I click DENY on 'Unlisted arguments'

Well user can log into the router, get into Enable mode and do any command, not just the RELOAD cammand as specified.

What do I need to do to restrict this user in Enable mode to just issues the RELOAD command?

5 Replies 5

d.parks
Level 1
Level 1

Have you enabled command level aaa authorization on the router and applied it to the appropriate admin line(s)?

Here are my AAA commands in the router. Is this what you are asking? (I'm not sure what you mean by

'...applied it to the appropriate admin line(s)?'

aaa new-model

aaa authentication login default group tacacs+ local

aaa authentication login vty line

aaa authentication enable default group tacacs+ enable

aaa accounting exec default start-stop group tacacs+

aaa accounting commands 15 default start-stop group tacacs+

aaa accounting connection default start-stop group tacacs+

It looks to me like you need an authorization config. Something like:

aaa authorization exec acs group acs local

and

aaa authorization commands 15 default group tacacs+ none

Thanks. Whatever these commands do, they did the trick. Do you have a good AAA configuration guide that would explain all the AAA commands??

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: