cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How have multiple NDGs for same tacacs+ server

laurabriscoe
Level 1
Level 1

I have Secure ACS 4.2 installed. I am using it for vpn access with Radius and tacacs+ access for network device mgmt. I want to setup multiple NDGs but have them all use the same ACS tacacs+ server. How do I do that? Each time I add a new NDG and try to add a AAA server with the same IP and tacacs+ it tells me it overlaps with a current one configured.

3 Replies 3

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

You cannot add same device again with same authentication method.

BUT

You can add same device with different authentication method. see the example below

Name--->device

IP ----> 1.1.1.1

secret---->xxxxx

Authenticate using --->Radius IETF

Name--->device1

IP ----->1.1.1.1

secret ----->x.x.x.x

Authenticate using---->tacacs IOS

Also same device cannot be a part of more then on NDG.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

Thank you for the response. I do not want the same device to be managed in two different groups. I want to be able to split my routers/switches into different NDGs based on geographic location and be able to give different rights. I can easily create different NDGs but when I try to go to the screen where you apply the AAA server to it I cannot get it to do so if I am already using the same AAA (ACS server) for another NDG group. It removes the server from the previous group and adds it to this new group.

Laura,

No need to add aaa-server in each group. It does not matter to which group acs sever is added , it is going to take care of all NDG and aaa-clients.

Regads,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: