Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

How to add 52 and 53 raduis attributes

please, I am configuring a 10000 and I need to add "Acct-Input-Gigawords" and "Acct-Output-Gigawords" in the accounting register. How can I configure that ?

Thanks in advance !

Cleber

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: How to add 52 and 53 raduis attributes

Hi,

The RADIUS Attribute 52 and 53 Gigaword Support feature introduces support for attribute 52 (Acct-Input-Gigawords) and attribute 53 (Acct-Output-Gigawords). Attribute 52 keeps track of the number of times that the Acct-Input-Octets counter has rolled over the 32-bit integer throughout the course of the provided service; attribute 53 keeps track

of the number of times the Acct-Output-Octets counter has rolled over the 32-bit integer throughout the delivery of service. Both attributes

can be present only in Accounting-Request records where the Acct-Status-Type is set to "Stop" or "Interim-Update." These attributes can be used to accurately account for and bill for usage.

This should be available in the release they are running. Cisco IOS Software, 10000 Software (C10K3-P11-M), Version 12.2(31)SB13, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

I see there is a command that needs to be on but should be on by default. aaa accounting gigaword.

You may refer the COMMAND REFERENCE GUIDE for more info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/security/command/reference/sec_a1g.html#wp1085560

IMPORTANT # USAGE GUIDELINES #

The AAA high-capacity counter process takes approximately 8 percent CPU memory for 24,000 (24 K) sessions running under steady state.

If you have entered the no form of this command to turn off the 64-bit counters and you want to re-enable them, you will need to enter the aaa accounting gigawords command. Also, once you have entered the no form of the command, it takes a reload of the router to actually disable the use of the 64-bit counters.

HTH

JK

Plz rate helpful posts-

~BR Jatin Katyal **Do rate helpful posts**
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content