Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to change guest password in NGS?

Hi,

Can someone help me providing info on how a guest user can change his or her own password when NGS (NAC Guest Server) is the Radius server?

It would also be helpfull to know if admins or sponsor can change that password too, thoug my guess is it is not possible.

I have already configure the password policy for guests to allow them to change the password. I just don't realize how it can be done.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

CORRECTION:

While poking around just now, I found an explanation for how the Allow/Require Password Change options are actually used:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/nac/guestserver/configuration_guide/20/g_hotspots.html#wpxref88934

Looks like this can only be used if the NGS is hosting the web login portal.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

rsreeves1
Level 1
Level 1

If you're referring to the Allow/Require Password Change options under the Authentication Settings tab for Guest Roles, as far as I can tell, that's not intended for the local guest user database.  I know there is a similar feature that can be enabled in ACS for network users who are authenticated by a Windows user database, so I'm guessing this is similar.

Ultimately, the NGS does not make it possible for guest users or sponsors to change passwords.  I have, however, figured out how to do it from the server's CLI.  If you SSH to the guest server as root, you can run the following command:

psql -U postgres -h localhost gapdb -c "UPDATE guestusers SET password='new_password' WHERE username='username'"

Probably doesn't help you much with your situation, though...

CORRECTION:

While poking around just now, I found an explanation for how the Allow/Require Password Change options are actually used:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/nac/guestserver/configuration_guide/20/g_hotspots.html#wpxref88934

Looks like this can only be used if the NGS is hosting the web login portal.

Thanks rsreeves1 !

That's kind of what I was looking for. Both answers are.