Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How to cluster ISE 1.2.1.98

Hi Team,

I have 6 boxes of ISE and we planned to make 2 as a PSN's.

how about other 4 ISE ...? How should i cluster them as admin and monitor nodes..?

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

It would depend on your

It would depend on your deployment but you can:

1. Configure 4 nodes to be PSNs

2. Place the nodes in a "node group" behind a load balancer. If you don't have a load balancer, you can configure the NADs in a way that the load is somewhat distributed. For instance, make PSN 1 be the primary Radius server and PSN 2 be the secondary for Wireless LAN Controllers. Then PSN 2 be the primary for switches while PSN 1 secondary. Then PSN 3 to be primary for ASAs/VPN, PSN 4 be the secondary, etc. 

3. You can then take the other two nodes and dedicate them for Administration and Monitoring. You can split the load by making one node be the primary for "Admin" but secondary for "Monitor" while making the second node be the primary for "Monitor" and secondary for "Admin"

Hope this helps!

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Thanks for the information :

Thanks for the information :)

License i should install in all Nodes or only Admin node ..?

Cisco Employee

No problem!

No problem! You only need one license and it is installed on the primary Admin node. However, make sure you include the S/N from the secondary node when registering your PAK file / requesting your license. That way you will be all set wheb /if you need to faulover to the secondaryvAdmin node. Thank you for rating helpful posts!
Cisco Employee

Managing Node Groups

Managing Node Groups explained here

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/1-2/user_guide/ise_user_guide/ise_dis_deploy.html#pgfId-1230096

You need seperate  Admin and Mnt only if you have large number of endpoints

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content