Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure ACS 5.2 and Checkoint for firewall admin using TACACS

Marlon Malinao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can somebody show how to configure ACS 5.2 for device administration of Checkpoint firewalls and security management servers?

thanks

4 Replies 4

thomas1337
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have created a "Authorization Profile" with a new "Shell Profile" policy.

In the policy i manualy entered this attributes:

Nokia-IPSO-SuperUser-Access=1

Nokia-IPSO-User-Role=adminRole

"adminRole" is a Checkpoint default role. You can create your own role and change these in your Shell Profile if needed.

The attribute are set to mandatory for this Shell Profile.

Regards

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the reply,  this is for firewall gateway running IPSO, but how about the Security management server for checkpoint?

regards,

Marlon

Hi Marlon,

we use TACACS only to authenticate user against our Security Management Server, but for authorization there is a local user configured which refers to the TACACS user.

If you use Provider-1, look at page 54.

http://dl3.checkpoint.com/paid/53/CheckPoint_R65_Provider1_AdminGuide.pdf?HashKey=1344278626_b260a4b6b3969325ae6bb4fc12d66871&xtn=.pdf

In Cisco ACS, you configure an "Authorization Profile" and add only the Shell Profile "Permit Access"

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the reply, but i dont have enough privilege to access the link. will u able to share it?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: