Views
Helpful
Replies

How to export the license from the ACS

gaboughanem
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have an ACS applicance that had a version 5.1 and i did an upgrade to 5.3 with latest patch.

For some reason, the runtime process got stuck in (reinitializing and restarting) state.

i did the recommended action to perform ACS stop and ACS start and even hard reset of the appliance, but it did not cut it

This process turned out to be a bug and it should have been fixed in version 5.3, but it has not i guess

i know that acs reset-config will solve the issue, but i have a problem here , the license file will be deleted as well with the config and i cannot find a way to export the license and then import it into the reseted config ACS hardware. Unfortunately, the license file is not saved anywhere in the company and i cannot affort to lose it.

Does any one has an idea on how to export the license from the applicance (CSACS-1120)? or how to solve this issue.

Regards,

George

3 Replies 3

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you have to start the configuration all over again? Can you take a backup of your database and then restore after you issue the reset command? If this is the case the license is backed up in the acs configuration database. If you have to rebuild the acs from scratch then your only option is to have a tac case opened with the licensing team and they can resend the license to you.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Hello Tarik,

Thank you for your support.

Do you know how to export the license from the acs configuration database?  I took a back on the acs config before the upgrade.

Regards,

George

Unfortunately i dont, even if the acs appliance was up and running you will not be able to back this license file up. I just checked on my ACS and there is an option in order to download or export the license key. Your best bet at this point is to have the PAK for this device and have the licensing team at cisco resend the license key over.

thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: