Views
Helpful
Replies

How to findout # of Connected users in my ACS server

acoe
Level 1
Level 1

Folks,

what would i have to do to configure my ACS server so that i can find out users which are connected or logged in at a present time. I am using ACS for authenticating VPN users on my pix firewall, i would like to know who is connected through the VPN tunnel at a given time.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ACS does offer reports for that. You need to turn on accounting on aaa client for that. Here is the url which explains that.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_soft/csacs4nt/csnt30/user/r.htm#37166

Thanks for the info.

The documentation says that in oder for me to view the logged-in user report, i must have authentication and accounting enable using the sample protocol. does that mean that i have to configure my pix for accounting as well. Does anyone have a sample configuration. It would be very helpful.

Thanks

There is no Accounting command for pix, Cisco Doc says enable syslog for that.

Thanks

There is no Accounting command for pix, Cisco Doc says enable syslog for that.

Thanks

enabled accounting on the pix, but still unable to see logged-in users, here is the config, I am trying to telnet to the pix from the inside network and still don't see myself as logged-in user on the ACS, even though it authenticates me and accounts my login and logout times.

server abc protocol tacacs+

aaa-server abc (inside) host 10.1.0.103 ******* timeout 10

aaa authentication telnet console abc

aaa accounting include telnet inside 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 abc