cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to know where users connected to the network?

yong khang NG
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

I check on ISE monitoring to see the authentication status, i found out IP and device port left blank. What should i do in order i can track user is connected from wchich access switchport (all switch were join identity\ network device)

Somemore, how to track the enduser were connecting from which AP?

What i should i do on the ISE in order able to track on this particular info, thanks

Noel

4 Replies 4

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you have radius accounting enabled? Usually the authentication request will not have the ip address but the accounting packet will. Turn on radius accounting and you should get the additional attributes you are looking for.

thanks,

Tarik Admani

Hi Tarik

My POC case is doing in wireless. I did enable AAA accounting feature at WLAN controller. Do i need to tune at ISE as well?

What i should configure in order i able to know i connecting from which Access point? (network deivce group?)

Thanks

Noel

It should show the clients ip address based on the accounting packet, the authentication request where the client connects from should show up in the nas-ip-address attribute.

RADIUS packets aren't going to show you what AP the client connected from, the RADIUS packets are exchanged between WLC and RADIUS server, if you have a WCS managaing your WLC you will be fine using the reporting, if not you'll need to set up some heavy logging from your WLC and work out a decent way to analyse it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: