Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

How to search for NAC log in issue root cause in NAC?

Hello,

I have a user who has intermittent NAC login issues - once or twice a month.  It just occurred today.  How can I view the root cause for his login failure in NAC?

Adil

• AAA Identity and NAC
2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

check the following link for

check the following link for enabling Generate Cisco NAC Agent Debug Logs

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/nac/appliance/configuration_guide/49x/cam/49xcam-book/m_report.html#pgfId-1539416

User Activity Log (UAL) Files are the log files that record user activities. This is an XML file stored in the location: /perfigo/control/data/ual/

I went to the url you

I went to the url you specified and read that the Enable User Activity Logging checkbox should be enabled to view user nac activity so I checked our CAM and noticed that the checkbox is not enabled and a warning next to it which states " (Warning: Enabling the Reporting/User Activity Logging feature may impact the overall system performance)".

So I am hesitant to enable the checkbox.  Can anyone comment whether they've experienced any CAM performance with this feature enabled?

Adil

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.