cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to upgrade the patches in ACS 5.1

Santosh Shetty
Level 1
Level 1

I want to upgrade the acs 5.1 in distributed system. We have one hub/ primary ACS and two other spoke / secodary acs. I have following querry.

1. Will it be possible to upgrad only one Secondary server.>
  2. Will updated secondary ACS will able to sych it configuration with primary acs running on older version?
  3. Will updated secondary acs will retain the current configuration and authenticate the client.?
4 Replies 4

jrabinow
Level 7
Level 7

1. Will it be possible to upgrad only one Secondary server.>

>>>>>> Yes

2. Will updated secondary ACS will able to sych it configuration with primary acs running on older version?

>>>>>> Yes

3. Will updated secondary acs will retain the current configuration and authenticate the client.?

>>>>>>> Yes

As long as we are referring to patch versions (where 5th digit of version changes) it is possible to work in this manner

Current version of ACS system is 5.1.0.44

Primary ACS is also working as log collector.

I have downloaded the patch 5.1.0.44.6.rar.rar, so i belive i should rename it to 5.1.0.44.6.tar.gpg.

so if i want to upgrade my ACS system:

I will have to do following steps:

1. de-register secondary ACS from primary and take the backup of secondary ACS
  2. update the patch using repository.
  3. finally i will have to upgrade the primary ACS.

I would like to know what is the difference between installing / updating  patch and  Upgrade the ADE-OS version which is shown as second step in cisco.com site.

Please clarify what you are trying to do. Are you to trying to install a patch or actually upgrade to another release. The process will be different dependent on the answer.

I am trying to install the patch.