Replies

I have my ISE-VM-K9, now what?

emgalanme
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

This is a continuation  for :

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/4010344#4010344

I had this doubt on why did i have to wait till i get the ISE-VM-K9 to install it in production in my UCS, if i could just download the ISE .iso on CCO and start to configure it into production (asumming i had the correct device count licensing). People kindly adviced that it was necesarry to open a tac case and because of the oracle embedded data base, so i waited and today I received it.

Today I got my white folder containing "ISE-5VM-K9" Bundle of 5 ISE VMs.

What surprised me was the following:

1. I only received 1 disk (i would expect 5 since its a bundle).

2. That seems to be a generic disk containing the ISE version 1.1.14.

3. NO PAKs

So from previous posts, i was adviced not to use the ISE image on CCO (either wise I had the correct user licenses) since it was an evaluation ISO. So, the main question is... what is the difference between the ISE on CCO and the disk that i received ISE-5VM-K9.

When i open a tac case, what am I supposed to give Cisco as a reference to let them know my VM is entitled? There are no serial numbers associated to the part number i purchased.

Also, why do you guys think that eventhough i requested a 5VM bundle in my folder i only have 1 lonely disk? where are the 4 others?

Appreciate all the help!

Regards,

Emilio

1 Reply 1

Peter Koltl
Level 7
Level 7

ISE-5VM-K9 is a Right To Use license. No enforcement or feature unlock is bound to it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: