cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I want to integrate SMS gateway to Cisco ISE 1.2 and my question is SMS notifications are supported for Guest self−registration

Elbeshbeshy
Level 1
Level 1

I want to integrate SMS gateway to Cisco ISE 1.2 and my question is 
SMS notifications are supported for Guest self−registration Services ? or it should be done by Sponsor 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
ISE 1.2 does not support sending credentials to Self Service Guests via SMS message.

This feature, sending credentials to Self Service Guests via SMS message and email, will be in version 1.3.

Please Rate Helpful posts and mark this question as answered if, in fact, this does answer your question.  Otherwise, feel free to post follow-up questions.

Charles Moreton

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
ISE 1.2 does not support sending credentials to Self Service Guests via SMS message.

This feature, sending credentials to Self Service Guests via SMS message and email, will be in version 1.3.

Please Rate Helpful posts and mark this question as answered if, in fact, this does answer your question.  Otherwise, feel free to post follow-up questions.

Charles Moreton

Thanks, When Version 1.3 Will Be Released ?

No hard release date at the time.  Target looks to be the end of July.

Thanks alot for the info,

one last Question can we integrate the Sponsor Portal with AD , frankly speaking is it possible to retrive the AD groups from the Sponsor portal ? insted of manually import it ? is it will be supported in 1.3 ?

I'm not sure I understand the question.  Do you want to log in to the Sponsor Portal using AD credentials?

Create an Identity Source Sequence using AD as an Authentication Source.  Go to Administration > Identity Management > Identity Source Sequences.  Either Edit or +Add a Sequence and choose from the Authentication Sources shown.

Then choose that Identity Source Sequence by going to Administration > Web Portal Management > Settings.  Double-click Sponsor from the Left Menu and click Authentication Source.  Choose the Identity Source Sequence.  Click Save.

I hope this helps.

Charles Moreton

Actually No ,

I will clarify it : My case is Guest User authentication will be Done by the AD ( manually will be created under the AD) . :)

Can i see the Guest Account which is created in AD from the Sponsor Portal . in order to send SMS to the Guest users ?

OK, got it.

No.  Guest users created through the Sponsor Portal are internal ISE User Accounts and can ONLY be seen from the Sponsor Portal.

There is no way to See the AD from the Sponsol Portal currently. 

However,  If you have already created the Guest users in AD, then you can follow the steps I detailed above to Edit or +Add an Identity Source Sequesnce for Guest Users and add the AD as an Authentication Source.