Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IBNS with two groups of XP Machines, one PEAP-MSCHAPv2 & one EAP-TLS

Hello,

I'm planning to implement a IBNS network. We have two groups of XP Machines. One group has machine certs and we're planning to check their certs using EAP-TLS. The second group of machines is managed by other departments, each having their own Active Directory, and configured with PEAP-MSCHAPv2. I'm not very familiar with this kind of setup, so hints are highly appreciated.

1. Can I assume that, when properly configured, we can differentiate the authorizations per group (for exemple, at least two VLANs one for group 1 and another one for group 2 - I must at least seggregate the users per group and can't mix them in the same environment, since they belong two different departments).

2. For the first group, no big issue. I can check against my central AD. For the users of the second group, since they can come from different departments, each having its own AD, can I differentiate them, by any means, to know which AD I'll have to query? Or do I have to query only one single AD? Is it required that all the users of group 2 belong to the same domain?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Everyone's tags (5)
Views
Helpful
Replies