Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Identity Services Engine 2.0: Repositories not visible

Hi, folks.

After upgrading our (still in "lab-status") ise distributed deployment to version 2.0, all configured repositories cannot be chosen, when trying to look at the backup-history ("Administraton" - "System" - "Backup & Restore"). Screenshot looks like this:

The configured schedule cannot be edited either, the "Edit" button is greyed out ....

The repositories themselves do exist ("Administraton" - "System" - "Maintenance" - "Repository"):

Each repository can be successfully validated in this menu and can even be used successfully when invoking any upgrades and/or backups using CLI ....

The GUI-user used for this has "System-Admin" and "Super-Admin" role attached.....

Anyone encountered this, too ?? Any hints ??

Rgs

Frank

10 Replies 10

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Frank,

I checked our ISE 2.0 lab server and the schedule "Edit" link is not grayed out. Once I created a scheduled Backup, i was able to select the Configured Repository from the dropdown list.

I was able to recreate on an upgraded server. However. after selecting the "select repository' pull down a few times the list of repositories did eventually appear. Just seems to take some time

Checked with FF

Hi, all.

I have done some further testing, here is what I found:

This is what I see when entering the "Backup & Restore" menu:

- Edit button is greyed out, "Status" fields are empty (allthough a backup did run the night before), history stays in "loading", repositories are not visible in drop-down menu

- Waited for 15 minutes, all stays exactly the same

- Pressed the "Refresh" button:

- Waited another 15 minutes, suddenly the "Status" fields get populated and "Edit" button goes from grey to blue-ish:

But:

- "History" is still loading

- Repositories are still not visible in drop-down menu

- Waiting for another 10 minutes:

- "History" goes from "loading" to "no data found"

- Repository drop down turns active .......

...... but when clicked, still shows no repositories:

- Waiting for another 10 minutes, repositories finally show up in the drop down menu:

- When choosing one of the repos from the drop down menu, "History" starts loading again:

- After wating for another 5 minutes, an error shows up:

Man .......

This is definitely not usable at the moment .... !!!!

Backup and restore (including history) using the CLI works fine, when using the same repos ....

This cannot be a hardware performance issue, because the Backup GUI worked fine when v1.4 was running and the box it is running on is a SNS-3495-K9 .........

Rgs

Frank

Was this issue ever resolved? I have a customer that is facing the same issue since upgrading from 1.3 to 2.1. The customer also has not been able to perform a successful Configuration backup since the upgrade. Operational upgrades are successful. The customer is using the same SFTP repository for Configuration and Operational backups.

Thanks,

Tom

I had a TAC case last year.  They suspect there is a database corruption and a workaround is to reimage and reconfigure the server agian.  I didn't want to spend more time on it so we switched to ACS instead.

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Frank,

Can you try to recreate repo via GUI and see if it shows up? Also what happens when you try to create new backup schedule?

Regards,

~JG

snallath
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Frank,

What's the version ISE was upgraded from ? is the BR UI page still not showing the repositories?

Thanks,

Selva

Upgraded vom v1.4 using the upgrade bundle ...

Hi Frank,

I'm facing exactly the same problem you have explained. Have you any news on that - is the issue solved?
Thanks  Michael

PS: I've done a clean installation - no upgrade!

Eric Cheung
Level 1
Level 1

We have the same issue too.