Views
Helpful
Replies

IISE 1.3 Sponsor Portal Internal Error

Nadeem Jan
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All, 

Ive tried really hard to some how connect to the sponser portal to manage the guest accounts but i always get this error when trying to access this URL

URL : https://10.30.2.121:9002/sponsoradminportal/SponsorAdminLogin.action

Sponsor Portal Internal Error

Please contact System Administrator. If you are the System Administrator please consult the logs

Can some one help me out please! Thank you in Advance.

7 Replies 7

Ahmad Murad
Level 1
Level 1

Check if the port is open on the ISE by checking the command "show ports" on the CLI.

Alco, check that the certificate setup is correct.

Hi Guys,

I hope you guys don't mind me jumping in.  What ronniwinge describes works very well.  But what happens if you add a second Node (backup).  DNS server doesn't allow you to create the same Alias name with a different host ?

Thanks !

tony

Hi Tony,

How did you add the second node to have sponsor alias?

Thanks!:)

Mady

Hi Mady,

As I mentioned on my last post, by following ronniwinge instruction, you will get your sponsor portal working.  Now, to your question,  unfortunately, my DNS server (Microsoft) doesn't allow me 2 servers pointing to 1 Alias name.  I'm not sure if other DNS would allow it.

So basically, I have a manual failover;

1. Primary server fails
  2. Promote secondary to primary
  3. Modify Alias name to point to secondary which now is primary

If you need a automatic failover, a load balancer will do the job.

I hope this helps

Tony

rwinge
Level 1
Level 1

I've had the same issue.. When i looked in the logs, the only thing i could find was this:

2015-06-02 10:23:35,396 ERROR  [portal-http-service27][] cisco.ise.portalwebaction.controller.PortalFlowInterceptor -:NULL::- Portal Web Action Exception: No PortalSession found.

I got it working by removeing ":9002" (https://10.30.2.121/sponsoradminportal/SponsorAdminLogin.action) and then login to the ISE again, and suddenly it worked.

Dont know what was wrong..

Edit:

I got it now. First make an DNS record for your ISE. Mine is ISE01.domain.local (Replace domain.local with your domain). Then creat an ALIAS named Sponsor.domain.local. The go to Guest Access - Configure - Sponsor Portals - My portal (Mine is Sponsor Portal (default)). Then fill the Fully qualified domain name (FQDN) field with the Alias for your ISE :-)

by default 8443 port is used

Tomas Bartek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jan,

I had the same problem when I was using IP address insted of DNS name in browser URL exactly as you are in your post above.

SOLUTION:

Just add IP to DNS name binding to "hosts" file on your local PC - I suppose you are not running your own DNS server. In Windows: Open Notepad as administartor (right-click - Run as Administrator), in Notepad > Open > navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc - open file "hosts" (to see "hosts" file make sure "All files" is selected in pop-up menu below, not just text files). In hosts file add DNS entry for your ISE server (replace ise.mydomain.xyz with your ISE hostname and dommain suffix):

10.30.2.121     ise.mydomain.xyz

Notepad > Save.

Now you should be able to open Sponsor Portal without any Internal Error using DNS name in browser URL insted of IP address.

ISE sends you by default to DNS name when you navigate to Sponsor portal from within ISE admin web GUI (Guest Access > Manage Accounts > button Managed Accounts. I'm running ISE 1.4. I don't have DNS running, so I always replaced DNS name with my ISE IP address - this worked for guest or sponsor portals, but NOT for this "admin" sponsor portal. It works fine with DNS name.

Niko