cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Import user and group from dump.txt to ACS Solution Engine 3.3

leonleong
Level 1
Level 1

I have export the user and group using the CSUtil -d on my acs v2.6. But ACS Solution Engine 3.3 does not have the CSUtil command to import the user and group database. Can anyone advise me?

6 Replies 6

darpotter
Level 5
Level 5

Tricky

Only suggestion I have is to use a S/W version of 3.3 to import, then replicate across.

If you get the ACS 3.3 trial version it shouldn't cost you anything.

Darran

I do have ACS 3.3 s/w version but if i use a different build will it results in more problem during replication?

dpatkins
Level 1
Level 1

Is this a production box? I do know that you can do a csutil -l and this will take the information from the dump.txt and put it into the ACS device. I use this process all the time to transfer data from my production device which is now 3.2 and I just copy the dump.txt to the ACS 3.3 device and do a csutil -l.

Hope this helps.

Dwane

Yes this is a production box. I tried to perform a csutil but there is no such command on the ACS 3.3 Solution Engine appliances box.

I'm trying to do the same thing with no luck so far.

Documentation seems to indicate you can do this using RDBMS Synchronization but we haven't got it to work yet.

I read the doco as saying you create a csv and place it on an FTP server and ACS will read from that file. When we've tried, it rights its own file with a different extension and says it can't find the one we place in that same directory.

Backup/Restore is the only process that will copy everything.

From memory I think this will work across different build numbers.

eg backup from 3.3(1.12) would restore ok onto 3.3(1.13) possibly even 3.3(2.X) although Im a little rusty on the last one!

Darran

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: