cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is ACS as AAA servers support the proxy state attribute .. ??

sjafrial.esa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I believe out there can help me to identified the needs. I have ACS as AAA server, we would like to colloborate with another service provider on offering vpdn access. The SP have an proxy AAA, our company only have ACS 3.0. Do this ACS can support the proxy state attribute.

Any advice and reference are higly appreciate.

Regards.

6 Replies 6

sghosh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

ACS has been tested as a proxy server, I am not sure what you mean by "proxy state attribute".

Thanks

Sujit

mhoda
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

So long as the proxy server on other ISP is setup properly, ACS should able accept the packets and authenticate users. There should not be any issue.

Thanks,

Mynul

Ok, if the ISP proxy server are setup properly, where shall I configure on my site, is it only at adding AAA server only then define the other ISP AAA.

Currently my ACS used TACACS+ as AAA, and the other ISP proxy server used RADIUS. Do this still can work ?

Regards.

Hi,

Yes, adding Proxy Server of ISP as a AAA client on your ACS server is what you need. You just define the prorocol to be radius.

Yes, it will work along with your tacacs+, there should not be any issue. Thanks,

Mynul

Thanks Hoda, that will clear my cloud.

One more question, do any others thing that I shall consider e.g others ISP LAC/UG to be defined at my AAA ??

Hi,

Great !

If you are just authenticating the users, then configuration would be pretty straightforward. Not sure if you are trying to set up VPDN and authenticate the tunnel with ACS server. I am guessing thats not the case. As far as I understand you are just getting proxy information from the ISP AAA server and then authenticate the user. Should that the case, you just need to create the user/group info local to your side. Thanks,

Mynul